Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tiptoe through the tulips . . . we hope

Today was our last chance to plant the tulip bulbs that have been waiting in the fridge for the past 3 weeks. So at 11'oclock this morning, you could find me in the most unlikely of places.

The front garden.

I can't say that it was a fun experience, exactly. There are a lot of roots and stones in that little patch of earth. And my holes were too far apart so we (read: my husband) ended up just turning them into trenches so we could use all the bulbs.

But it was definitely a family endeavour. Will helped her dad with the digging.


Then she gleefully threw the bulbs into the trench and then helped to arrange them.


Even though the gardening book told us that we could keep bulbs in the fridge for several weeks, I'm not completely convinced that they will actually bloom. Here's the "before" shot:

Let's hope that in 5 or 6 months there is a beautiful "after"!

No comments: