Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Food Meme

I'm quite pleased that this is only my second meme of the whole month, and it's already been three weeks of daily blogging. I got this food-themed one from Ladybug's Picnic.

1. Favorite milk? Skim

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook this season? I'm taking this to mean the "cold" season. I'll make a yummy tomato bean soup in the crock pot, beef bourginionne (also in the crock pot) and spinach-mushroom lasagna.

3. Topping of choice for popcorn? Just salt.

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? I made some absolutely hideous vegetarian manicotti in university. I remember a really dense chickpea filling with lots of cumin.

5. Favorite pickled item? I HATE anything pickled.

6. How do you organize your recipes? I just got a new wooden recipe box. It's beautiful! I organize by categories, on cue cards, but I also have an envelope of recipes I've cut out of magazines and not transferred yet.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? We have organic waste collection in our city, so that and regular trash.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)? Pasta, chicken and coffee (if I can have the cream & sugar too).

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? Coming home from school to lasagna or a big pot of spaghetti. My worst childhood food memory: Coming home from school to one of my mom's "concoctions"!

10. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate. Or strawberry. It's close.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance? Tassimo coffee maker.

12. Spice/herb you would die without? Garlic.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? A couple of those "Company's Coming" books.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Strawberry.

15. Favorite recipe to serve to an omni (I would've used the word "uber" here, but hey, I didn't make this one up) friend? I have a great club sandwich wrap with my version of guacamole. Yum!

16. Do you eat tofu? Sometimes. I like to think I enjoy it more than I do.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? Dinner, if I have all the ingredients and someone to watch the child.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? Cat food, a calender and a couple of toys.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Fudge pops, Blue menu dinners and frozen fries.

20. What's on your grocery list? Always fruits and veggies, milk, half and half and cereal, then whatever's needed for that week's "menu".

21. Favorite grocery store? Superstore (or at least something with President's Choice stuff).

22. Name a recipe you'd love to try, but haven't yet. Onion soup from scratch.

23. Food blog you read the most. I don't really read any.

24. Favorite chocolate? Milk chocolate, especially with caramel.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? Hmmm - some expensive beef tenderloin.

26. What vegetables do you enjoy most? Asparagus, mushrooms and really good grape tomatoes.

No comments: