Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I think I'm in love

Will is still hacking up a lung around these parts. Last evening she was waking up every 20 minutes or so, until I finally took her into the guest room to snuggle. Voila! Not only did she fall asleep and stay snuggled during her coughing fits, she stayed asleep even after I disentangled myself and came back downstairs.

(We won't mention the horrifying thud when she fell out of the guest bed, but even then she calmed right down and went back to sleep.)

So this begs the question: is she ready for a toddler bed?

She loves sleeping in the bed with us, obviously. But she seems to love sleeping in beds in general. Maybe getting her a toddler bed will actually help her sleep better.

I have to say that I have always been against getting a toddler bed. Why get a bed to fit the crib mattress and then another bed when she's even bigger. I have been all for the crib-to-twin transition. But like many (most) things in parenting, it's time to reevaluate my pre-Will ideas to fit my actual child.

I adore her crib set. It's from College Woodwork, the Rossport collection:

There is also a beautiful dresser/hutch combo unit in this same dark wood. I just love it.

When I started browsing for "toddler bed," I was not too hopeful that I would find anything close to this, or even anything I would like.

But then I found this:


Isn't it the most beautiful toddler bed you have ever seen? It's by Storkcraft, and will be available in Canada through Sears and Walmart in January. I would have ordered it today if it was available. I love it.

Let's hope Will feels the same way.

No comments: