Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 16th, 11:26 pm

I'm not going to comment on the fact that my daughter spent the entire night in her crib, with only one awakening, when my parents stayed with her last night, but she's already been up 3 times tonight with me.

Since I'm barely making it in under the wire for NaBloPoMo, I'm going to save the post about how much fun I had last night, mishaps and all.

Instead, a few random facts about my (lack of) physical prowess:

1) I have never turned a cartwheel. My Grade 9 P.E. teacher tried to use me to show the class how to "help" someone learn, but I adamantly refused.

2) I have discovered that I am suddenly terrified to complete a front roll. I thought I'd show off for my husband and daughter the other night, and could not figure out how to do a simple somersault without breaking my neck.

3) I did not learn how to swim until I was 9 years old. Swimming lessons in Grade 4 were very embarrassing.

4) I did take modern dance and ballet until I was 13. My dad still wonders how I could take dance for 9 years without becoming even a little bit graceful. (Ouch!)

5) I am still proud of being on the volleyball team for 3 years in elementary school. (Number 14, Baby!) We made it to the regional finals twice, winning silver both times. I was the team captain (yes, captain!) in Grade 8. My underhanded serve was my secret weapon, as the opposing team always assumed it would get caught on the net, but instead it would zoom over for an easy point.

No comments: