Monday, December 15, 2008

Turn your head 45 degrees

Last night I started feeling weirdly dizzy and a bit nauseous after dinner. Since it clearly wasn't an issue of low blood sugar (turkey enchiladas - yum!) my husband diagnosed me with either a migraine aura or an inner ear disturbance.

There are definitely some benefits to having a family doctor, well, in the family. But it is a little disconcerting when he uses the Internet to pull up the step-by-step instructions for the Epley maneuver, in order to see if he can correct the problem.

"I hope you don't use a manual like this with your real patients."

"Wait! Let me just try the Dix-Hallpike."

After one of each of the maneuvers, some advil and a pepcid (and quickly turning off the blasphemous Anne of Green Gables: A New Beginning) I started feeling normal again.

I didn't even need to take any Bonamine.

No comments: