Friday, December 5, 2008

Decking the halls

Our trip across the border was (mostly) a success. Just before leaving in separate cars, my friend and I realized we could easily move Will's car seat next to her daughter's - and that made the trip a lot more fun.

The girls were amazing, despite only taking tiny catnaps between shops. We got a tonne of adorable baby/toddler clothes, and I found this:


I knew I would know the wreath I wanted when I saw it. And there it was, in the seasonal section of Target, just like I suspected. I almost went with the full-sized version of this one:

Neither my friend or husband were convinced about a wreath made completely out of bells, but I'm not sure. I think it might be nice on another window, or inside somewhere. Oh well. I will have to be happy with this ornament.

The only downside to the trip was getting pulled in at the border to pay duty. This never happens to me. Ever. And the border guard was just being a dick about it. He didn't even ask for our passports, just pulled out his yellow pad. You'd think he would have a bit of compassion for a couple of mothers travelling with tired, fussy babies. I hope our hundred bucks was worth it.

Still, the decking of the halls has begun. We are planning to pick out the tree tonight (the cats will be thrilled, as usual). Then we just need to find a good seasonal home for this guy:

No comments: