Monday, March 9, 2009

A little quiet

I am alone in my house. In the quiet of my house. I don't think I have experienced either of these things here before, let alone both of them at the same time.

Will is with her grandparents, playing happily with her cousin and wearing his extra pair of Clifford slippers.

The cats are hunkered down in my parents' basement, Oliver continuing to hide under the blanket on the couch.

Last night, we watched a complete episode of "The Amazing Race" without being interrupted by a bad dream or crib loneliness.

Today I will drink an entire cup of hot coffee. I will take a shower. I will eat lunch quietly, or maybe on the couch watching TV.

And then we're off to Savannah . . .

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Ahhhh....SO JEALOUS! Have a blast! I'm looking forward to a detailed description of how it feels to have several nights of uninterrupted sleep in a row.