Monday, May 18, 2009

Green thumb

What do we have here?


Could that be Lasha, using the new potter's bench to - gasp! - pot her herbs and vegetables? You mean to tell me that she didn't just look at the pretty pots sitting empty on the stylish bench? She didn't pass the herbs in their biodegradable containers and briefly consider potting them, before something else caught her attention, indoors?


Look! I really filled all of those pots myself, with my gloved (and sometimes bare) hands. The herbs are mostly on the top, with one pot of tomatoes. Then there are more tomatoes and basil on the bottom, with the red leaf lettuce and the morning glories Will planted in art class. (Her frog pot is peering out at you from beneath ladybug eyebrows.)

It is freaking me out that I actually completed the first phase of my garden project. The next phase being watering and maintenance, which I'm assuming will include getting rid of (and replacing) plants that don't make it. But so far, I have quite a sense of accomplishment. In fact, I think I'm going to have a glass of wine.

No comments: