Sunday, February 22, 2009

It all comes back to ABBA

This weekend was going great until Will woke up screaming, 20 minutes into her Saturday afternoon nap. She was hysterical, so I was sure she had caught her foot in the bars of the crib (again) but instead she was clutching the right side of her head and crying, "Ear! Ear!"

I had no idea an ear infection could come on so fast.

I also, foolishly, thought I could avoid being sick with my daughter this time around. Ha. Tell that to my throbbing (oh my sweet god let it stop) aching impacted wisdom tooth.

Mother and daughter suffer together once again.

My pain meds have not yet brought real relief to my toothache (two Tramacet, here I come) but as long as Will's ibuprofen/tylenol combo is working she's as good as new. And her newest obsession is going down to the playroom for her "wah wah wah." As in "Wah wah wah wah Waterloo / Finally meeting my Waterloo."

Oh yes. The ABBA Gold VHS tape has been pulled out (for the record, this belongs to my husband) and Will happily dances to four (and only four) songs. You do not want to try to get her to listen to "Knowing Me, Knowing You" or "Lay All Your Love on Me." She only wants to hear "Dancing Queen," "Mamma Mia," "Take a Chance on Me" and "Waterloo."

If the ear infection turns out to be in the (apparently) 80-90% that spontaneously resolve on their own, I'll watch that damn "wah wah wah" all day tomorrow.

No comments: